financial


Below is a copy of the inventory page that I have just made. The link in future is at the top of the page

This is a summary of our expenses and our harvests from the land. The idea is to give a rough idea of what you can get out of a given piece of land (the plot I am currently working is 600m2). We gave a similar summary from one year of our allotment in the uk. This showed a loss as during the first year a lot is spent on fences, perennial plants, tools ect which we would hope to only have to buy once.

I’ll probably change the format of this as I gather information to try and present it as clearly as possible. I will first give our expenses, grouping them into a few categories. Then I will give a table of our crops, sowing date, planting date, first harvest, last harvest, and totals. Zobaczymy..

2013 Expenses: Values given in Polish Zloty

Category

Price Zloty

Seeds

300

Trays, Pots, String etc

300

Plants

100

Fruti Trees/Bushes

360

Polytunnel Material

260

Fence Wire

600

Oil/Petrol Chainsaw

50

Tools

100

Total Zloty

2070

Total GBP

415

2013 Plant Inventory

Plant

Number

Sowed

Planted Out

First

Harvest

Last

Harvest

Total

 Harvest

Notes

Peas 1

16

12/4/13

Indoors

Peas 2

100

5/5/13

Out

Peas 3

200

1/06/13

out

Potatoes 1

270

5/5/13

Potatoes 2

270

10/05/13

Trench 1ft Deep

Potatoes 3

270

18/05/13

Carrots 1

Small Tray

13/04/13

Inside

Carrots 2

Few Hundred

06/05/13

Under Poly

Carrots 3

Lots

2/06/13

Tomatoes 1

50

Late Feb

18/05/13

Tomatoes 2

60

13/04/13

22/05/13

Sweetcorn

100 odd

7/05/13

Brussels

100

13/04/13

13/05/13

Cabbage

100

18/04/13

31/05/13

Parsnips 1

50

13/04/13

25/05/13

Parsnips 2

Lots

2/06/13

Out

Celery

Small Tray

13/04/13

Indoors

Courgette 1

8

13/04/13

1/05/13

Yellow

Courgette 2

9

18/05/13

7/06/13

Green

Spinach 1

20

13/04/13

6/05/13

Indoors

Spinach 2

20

6/05/13

Out

Spinach 3

Lots

02/06/13

Out

Salad 1

20

13/04/13

9/05/13

Indoors

Salad 2

Lots

02/06/13

Out

Salad 3

Beetroot 1

90

13/04/13

15/05/13

Indoors

Beetroot 2

Lots

6/05/13

Under Poly

Beetroot 3

Lots

02/06/13

Out

Leeks 1

60

13/04/13

31/05/13

Indoors

Leeks 2

30

31/05/13

Out

Cucumber

30

16/04/13

9/05/13

Indoors

Cucumber 2

45

2/06/13

Out

Basil

Lots

16/04/16

23/05/13

Thinned to 6 pots 10/05/13

Peppers

5

End Feb

22/05/13

Peppers 2

30

April

Indoors

Aubergine

5

End Feb

22/05/13

Melons

8

24/03/13

31/05/13

Under Poly

Broadbeans 1

30

22/04/13

Out

Broadbeans 2

100

05/05/13

Out

Onion Sets 1

50

22/04/13

Out

Onion Sets 2

100

06/05/13

Out

Radish

 Every 2 Wks

2 Rows

22/04/13

25/05/13

Out

Pumpkins

6

End March

02/05/13

Indoors

Squash

4

End March

06/05/13

Indoors

Glob Artichokes

8

End March

23/05/13

Strawberries

50

01/05/13

Out

Rasberries

30

April

Sprouting 05/05/13

Gooseberries

3

5/05/13

Currents

3

5/05/13

Grapes

5 Vines

06/05/13

2 Old

 

This is a breakdown of what I spent from November last year (when I got the allotment) to end of October. There will be a full breakdown on the Financial page. For now In Summary:

  • I spent £470 odd on seeds, equipment, and getting to and from the allotment.
  • I harvested £171.63 approx. of fruit and veg (based on supermarket comparison price chart).
  • I spent approx. 169 hours working at the allotment, which equates to 21 days full time work.
  • Leaving a deficit of £298.64 odd.

All in all I’m pretty pleased with our progress this year. A lot of our expenditure was on capital bits, stuff we wont have to pay out on this year. We will also continue to benefit with crops that can be harvested in the next few months. Moreover, our perennial fruits should give us a good harvest next year.

With the benefit of a years experience I’m sure we’ll be able to sow a bit more, reap a bit more, and exert a bit less effort.